Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chaos

(let me just preface this by saying i wrote this a long time ago...i'm not sad anymore about it.)

This painful silence surrounded
Me like a skilled fighter and choked
Me of all explanation.
The dark road chilled my bones
so cold i froze.
Frozen of all emotion except pain
And i feel the blood freezing in
my veins and my soul seeping out of
My eyes in the form of rain.
I'm spiraling downward trying to
Grasp something sturdy.

This drive is silent but inside
my head is a cocophany of thoughts
tossing me so much i don't know
Whats up and whats down.

The chaos is a war between
My head and my heart and despite
My Minds meticulous calculations,
Careful strategies and fancy weapons,
My heart was winning with
guerilla warfare

Until you dumped an atom bomb on it.

Now my heart is clamoring to find
A place to begin again Because,
despite it's humble victories,
It's walls are destroyed--
A desolate city.
Empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment